Nature and development features of retail trade chains in Ukraine
Lately the retail chains have been gaining utmost importance, because they provide consumers with an opportunity to quickly, conveniently and with minimum losses of time and efforts purchase the necessary goods and services close to job or residence places in a certain time and in a certain number in conditions of free choice and wide range. Due to constant improvement of forms and methods of trade, unification of goods, competition, change of features and factors of impact on retail trade and its classification, it is worth adjusting classification features, characteristics and requirements with the modern patterns of stores for more profitable activity. Therefore, the development of retail chains gains increasingly new and important meaning. The paper outlines the features of forming and development of retail trade chains. Classifications of retail trade companies are examined. Characteristics and requirements to the patterns of retail chains are suggested. Recommendations regarding the improvement of retail chains activity are given. The paper proves that despite unstable political and economic situation and high shadow business component in the country, the retail trade chain remains one of a few sectors that is developing and not only increasing the profits, but also is an essential support for the whole economy of the country. We deem that each company has to use as big complex of measures as possible to strengthen its positions, keep available and attract new clients, increase their income and improve the economy of the country, namely: merchandizing system – range optimization, efficient planning of shop spaces, means of communicative and visual merchandizing; improvement of activity methods – for clients, agents, employees; improvement of activities related to financial and moral motivation for employees; considering of requirements to the patterns of retail chain stores.
2. Apopiy, V. V., (2012). Systema rehulyuvannya vnutrishnoyi torhivli Ukrayiny [System of Regulation of Internal Trade of Ukraine]. Kiev: Academic.
3. Vasyltsiv, T. H., Voloshyn, V. I., Boykevych, O. R., Karkavchuk, V.V. (2012). Finansovo-ekonomichna bezpeka pidpryyemstv Ukrayiny: stratehiya ta mekhanizmy zabezpechennya [Financial and Economic Security of Ukrainian Enterprises: Strategy and Mecha-nisms]. Lviv: League Press.
4. Lihonenko, L. O. (2007). Spozhyvchyy rynok Ukrayiny: metodolohiya doslidzhennya ta rehulyuvannya [Consumer market of Ukraine: methodology of research and regulation]. Kyiv: KNEU.
5. Lisitsa, V.V. (2017). Omnikanalni prodazhi: tendentsiyi, problemy ta perspektyvy rozvytku v ukrayinskomu ryteyli [Omnicanal sales: trends, problems and development prospects in Ukrainian retail]. Problemy i perspektyvy ekonomiky ta upravlinnya – Problems and prospects of economy and management, 2(10), 100-110.
6. Popadynets, N.M. (2016). Osnovni tendentsiyi ta perspektyvy rozvytku rozdribnoyi torhivli u silskiy mistsevosti [The main trends and prospects of development of retail trade in rural areas]. Sotsialno-ekonomichni problemy suchasnoho periodu Ukrayiny – Socio-Economic Problems of the Modern Period of Ukraine, 1(117), 16-19.
7. Popadynets, N. Shults, S., Barna, M. (2017. Diferences in consumer buying behaviour in consumer markets of the EU mem-ber states and Ukraine. Economic Annals-XXI, 166(1-2), 26-30. https://doi.org/10.21003/ea.V166-05
8. Kolomiyets, I., Popadynets, N. (2016). Trade at Ukrainian internal market: the development mechanism. Аctual problems of economics, 1(175), 69-75.
9. Davymuky, S. A. (Eds) (2016). Innovatsiynyy rozvytok pidpryyemstv sfery torhivli: svitovi tendentsiyi ta praktyka v Ukrayini [In-novative development of enterprises in the sphere of trade: world tendencies and practice in Ukraine]. Lviv: SI "Dolishniy Institute of Regional Research of NAS of Ukraine".
10. Horbenko, O.V. (2015). Rynok produktovoyi rozdribnoyi torhivli v Ukrayini:formaty, merezhi, rozvytok [The grocery retail market in Ukraine: formats, networks, development]. Molodyy vchenyy – Young scientist, 669(24), 59-66.
11. Allretail (2019). TOP 160 torgovykh operatorov FMCG po kolichestvu magazinov, pervaya polovina 2019 g. Tendentsii i ob-novlennyye prognozy razvitiya riteylerov vo vtoroy polovine 2019 g. [TOP 160 FMCG retail operators by the number of stores, first half of 2019 Trends and updated forecasts for retailers in the second half of 2019]. URL: http://allretail.ua/research/139/
12. European B2C E-commerce Report 2016. (2016). URL: https://www.ecommerceeurope.eu/app/uploads/2016/07/European-B2C-E-commerce-Report-2016-Light-Version-FINAL.pdf
13. Promo (2018) V Ukrayini na pochatok 2017 roku narakhovano 21,6 mln korystuvachiv internetu [In the beginning of 2017, there were 21.6 million Internet users in Ukraine]. URL: https://promo.semantrum.net/uk/2017/04/21/v-ukrayini-na-pochatok-2017-roku-narahovano-21-6-mln-koristuvachiv-internetu/
14. Hlinenko, L. K., Daynovskyy, YU.A. (2018). Stan i perspektyvy rozvytku elektronnoyi torhivli Ukrayiny [Tatus and Prospects of E-Commerce Development in Ukraine]. Marketynh i menedzhment innovatsiy – Marketing and Innovation Management, 1, 83-102.