Under the “Belt and Road” initiative, the China and Ukraine governments should assume greater responsibility to promote trade
Purpose: Ukraine is located in Eastern Europe, has a good geographical location, and has good bilateral relations and traditional economic exchanges with China, especially agriculture, high-tech, and existing and ongoing cooperation projects with China. "There are also difficulties in construction: Ukraine's economy has been in a difficult period since independence, its economic structure is very uneven, and its economic relations with Eastern European and CIS countries, as well as Russian economic relations, need to be improved. Ukraine needs to restore its national strength. China's "Belt and Road" initiative and the diplomatic concept of building a community of shared future for mankind have determined that the Chinese government is willing to help Ukraine restore its strength and restore normal political, economic, and diplomatic relations with neighboring countries. It will benefit the people through the improvement of the national economy This article aims to analyze how the two sides can use the "Belt and Road" platform to develop economic relations and strengthen cooperation to achieve mutual benefit results.
Methodology: This article uses the literature research method, the combination of analysis and synthesis methods, observation method, investigation method.
Originality: Since the Soviet Union, Ukraine has started friendly exchanges with China. After the founding of New China in 1949, Ukraine, as a part of the Soviet Union, made a greater contribution to China establishment of its national steel, machinery, agriculture and other basic industries. After Ukraine's independence, China-Ukraine relations have entered a new stage. China was the first country to recognize Ukraine's independence and established diplomatic relations with it on January 4, 1992. In the past 30 years of Ukraine's independence, the two countries have not had any conflicts of interest and no serious political and economic contradictions. The "Belt and Road" initiative proposed by Xi Jinping in 2013 provided a new platform for bilateral relations and created unprecedented opportunities for the development of bilateral relations. In the "Belt and Road" construction, Ukraine should play a greater role.
Practical value: Participating in the "Belt and Road" construction is also a very important opportunity for Ukraine, helping the Chinese people to have a more comprehensive and clearer understanding of Ukraine, and more importantly, it is conducive to the trade between the two countries to bring more Ukrainian enterprises Trade exchanges to drive the economic development of Ukraine. Politically, Ukraine and China have good bilateral relations；On June 20, 2011, the two sides signed the "China-Ukraine Joint Partnership on the Establishment and Development of Strategic Partnerships. Economically, Ukraine and China have complementary economies. Economic exchanges have been established since the Soviet Union. In recent years, the existing and ongoing cooperation between Ukraine and China has continued to develop in high-tech fields such as agriculture, machine manufacturing, and aviation. More and more Ukrainian experts have pointed out that developing relations between Ukraine and China should become a priority direction of Ukraine's current foreign policy. Ukraine has a strong advantage in agriculture, military industry, and manufacturing, especially the engine manufacturing industry, and can develop machine manufacturing; Ukraine can provide transportation for China “Belt and Road” Convenient conditions.
2. Stepan Kubiv,“Belt And Road” is a Big Opportunity for Ukraine,Xinhua News Agency,2017.10.05(1), www.xinhuanet.com/world/2017-10/05/c_1121763877.htm
3. Linde GOETZ , Harald GRETHE,The entry price system for fresh fruit and vegetable exports from China to the EU—Breaking a fly on the wheel?,China Economic Review,Vol.21, No.3,pp377-393.doi:10.1016/j.chieco.2010.02.001
4. Institute of international trade and economic cooperation, ministry of commerce，Guide for country (region) of foreign in-vestment cooperation,(2018),https://www.yidaiyilu.gov.cn/wcm.files/upload/CMSydylgw/201902/201902010436030.pdf
5. Sheikh Kosevoj, Lee Junsheng,"Belt and Road": the experience of some countries in the world and the prospects of Ukraine,Russian Academic Journal,2016(4)
6. Colin Flinta, Cuiping Zhu,(2019)The geopolitics of connectivity, cooperation, and hegemonic competition:The Belt and Road Initiative,Geoforum,Vol.99,pp,95-101.doi.org/10.1016/j.geoforum.2018.12.008
7. Li Li,Michael Dunford,Godfrey Yeung,(2012),International trade and industrial dynamics:Geographical and structural dimen-sions of Chinese and Sino-EU Merchandisetrade,Applied Geography,Vol.32,No.1,pp,130-142.doi:10.1016/j.apg eog.2010.10.017
8. Leonard K. Cheng,(2016),Three questions on China's “Belt and Road Initiative” China Economic Review,Vol.40,pp,309-313.doi.org/10.1016/j.chieco.2016.07.008
9. Dong Yanga, Liping Jiangb, Adolf K.Y. Ng,(2018),One Belt one Road, but several routes: A case study of new emerging trade corridors connecting the Far East to Europe,Transportation Research Part A,Vol.11pp,190-204.doi.org/10.1016/j.tra.2018.08.001
10. Xin Wen, Hoi-Lam Ma, et al,(2019),Impacts of the Belt and Road Initiative on the China-Europe trading route selections, Transportation Research Part E,Vol.pp, 581-604.doi.org/10.1016/j.tre.2019.01.006
11. Lars Oxelheim,Pervez Ghauri,(2008),EU-China and the non-transparent race for inward FDI,Journal of Asian Econom-ics,Vol.19,No.4pp, 358-370. doi:10.1016/ j.asieco. 2008.04.001
12. Tan Wujun,Be a stickman of the “Belt and Road” construction in China and Ukraine (“Belt and Road”, mutual benefit and reciprocity),People's daily,2017.05.06, http://world.people.com.cn/n1/2017/0506/c1002-29257756.html
13. Chi Gong,Soyoung Kim,(2018),Regional business cycle synchronization in emerging and developing countries: Regional or global integration?,Trade or financial integration ,Vol.84,pp,42-57.doi.org/10.1016/j.jimonfin.2018.02.006
14. Yiping Huang,(2016),Understanding China's Belt & Road Initiative: Motivation, framework and assessment,China Economic Review,Vol.40,pp,314-321.doi.org/10.1016/j.chieco.2016.07.007.
15. Zhang Hong,Belt And Road: Risks and Responses to Cooperation Between China and Ukraine, Kytaieznavchi doslidzhen-nia, 2017, No.1-2,pp.61-72,http: //politics. people.com.cn/GB/n1/2017/0515/c1024-29274490.html
16. Eva Minarˇcíková,(2016),EU-China cooperation on regional policy,ScienceDirect, Vol.7,pp,30-38.doi.org/10.1016/j.pisc.2015.11.007.
17. Li Yan,China-Ukraine Cooperation under the Belt and Road Initiative: Status and Prospect,Ukraine-China,no.13, (2018),sinologist.com.u
18. Ruslan Lenivsky,(2019),My goal is to attract more Chinese investment and improve the status quo of the Ukrainian economy. At the same time, let Chinese investors feel Ukrainian political stability,Ukraine-China,No.18(4),2019, http://sinologist. com.ua/zh/category/publications-ch/journal-ukraine-china-zh/ukr-ch-2019-18/
19. Valery Bebek,Ukraine,the belt and road initiative Mmutual Benefit,CNTV,2019.04.27 https://baijiahao.baidu.com/s?id=1631958131096829984&wfr=spider&for=pc
20. Zhang Jun bin,The initiative stems from China's efforts to share its benefits globally, China youth daily, 2019.12.11(1), https://zqb.cyol.com/html/2019-12/11/nw.D110000zgqnb_20191211_3-01.htm
21. Ukrainian Sinologists Association,Ukraine&China, 2017(4),
22. Maria SILGONER, Katharina STEINER, et al,(2014),Fishing in the same pool:Export strengths and competitiveness of Chi-na and Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe at the EU-15 market,China Economic Review, Vol.32, pp.68-83.doi.org/ 10.1016/j.chieco.2014.11.001
23. In the "Business Environment Report 2016" published by the World Bank,Website of the Ministry of Commerce, 2015.11.01, http://www.mofcom.gov.cn/article/i/jyjl/e/201511/20151101152880.shtml
24. National Development and Reform Commission Website,Co-building One Belt And One Road, concept practice and China's contribution, 2017.05.11, http://www.ndre.gov.cn/gzdt/201705/t20170511 847228.html
25. Maria Garronea,Dorien Emmers,(2019),Jobs and agricultural policy: Impact of the common agricultural policy on EU agricul-tural employment,Food Policy, Vol.87,pp,1-17.doi.org/10.1016/j.foodpol.2019.101744
26. François de Soyres,Alen Mulabdic,(2019),How much will the Belt and Road Initiative reduce trade costs?International Eco-nomics,Vol.159,pp,151-164 doi.org/10.1016/j.inteco.2019.07.003
27. Yabo Zhao,Xiaofeng Liu,et,al,Energy relations between China and the countries along the Belt and Road:An analysis of the distribution of energy resources and interdependence Relationships,Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol.107,pp,133-144,doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2019.03.007
28. Danko, Y. I., & Reznik, N. P. (2019). Contemporary Challenges for China and Ukraine and Perspectives for Overcoming these Challenges. Global Trade and Customs Journal, 14(6), 303-307.